Others (under construction)

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Climbing Gunung Angsi Via Bukit Putus

Okay, I have to admit, this is my 2nd time climbing Gunung Angsi via Bukit Putus. I didn't blog about it the first time simply because I was too lazy. :P Well, maybe also because climbing this mountain via Bukit Putus is not as exciting as via Ulu Bendul.

You can read all my adventures of Gunung Angsi via Ulu Bendul here.

Gunung Angsi via Bukit Putus is a much shorter route as compared to via Ulu Bendul. It takes about 1.5 - 2 hours (depending on your fitness level) up and less than 1.5 hours down. 

The Bukit Putus entrance is way before the Ulu Bendul entrance. While driving heading to Kuala Pilah from Seremban, keep a look out for a sign which tells you to turn right to Bukit Putus. There isn't any signboard to indicate the entrance of the mountain and I guess the only way you can tell is to look for a car park on your left.

The car park is on your left and the entrance is on the opposite side of the road.

This is the starting point. On this little adventure, there were only 5 of us - Francis, Danny, RW, Ban Meng and I. We started our hike at 7.28am.


Francis is quite familiar with this route and he offered to take the lead. As you can tell, my stamina is not as good as his. He went ahead and waited for us when we were far behind.



So, this is the best part. At 9.09am, I came across this sign which says "18 mins to Summit". This is very encouraging to people like me who wants to know "how long more?" :D

For most of the time, Danny and I were together chitchatting. RW was having some difficulty after the 1st half an hour and Francis slowed down to keep her company while we went on ahead. Ban Meng was not far behind them.

A good view from Gunung Angsi.

At one point in time, we waited for a while for Francis and RW to catch up. Since we were hiking in a small group, we didn't want to be separated just in case one of us got injured.

9.15am. 12 minutes to the summit. So yeah, 6 minutes from the previous signboard. :D

9.20am. 6 minutes more to the summit.


9.28am. THE SUMMIT.  I guess I took a longer time because I was waiting for my friends? I'm not too sure.:)
Notice the circle on the picture above. That's where we came from.


Oh, one thing you should know is, there aren't any good views from the summit.


Francis packed some nasi lemak and ham for all of us. I brought my hot choc. 


Ban Meng arrived while we were eating. We sat for a while and left the summit at 10.09am.


11.09am - On the way down, we came across this little place called Panjang coffee hut or something like that. This little hut is owned by a tall man and people call him Panjang. I always hear from my other friends that he makes coffee for the climbers. On my first hike, the hut was closed. So you can imagine how delighted I was when I saw a flurry of people gathering round this place. It seems Panjang was open for business. :D. He doesn't charge, but people will usually leave him some foodstuff in kind for his generosity.

Danny had a glass of coffee. Panjang also made green bean soup.


A cosy place for people to rest before going down.


We left Panjang's hut at 11.20am and continued our descent.


The last part is quite steep.
We reached the car park at 11.43am.


So this is a summary of the time taken to ascend and descend.


7.28am - Started our climb
9.28am - Summited
10.09am - Started our descent
11.09am - 11.20am - Rested at Panjang's place.
11.43am - Back to the starting point.


2 hours up, 1 hour 23 mins down, excluding 11 minutes at Panjang's place.

No comments: