Others (under construction)

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Melbourne - Day 9

My day started off with being in the airport. My flight to Malaysia was scheduled to take off at 12.45am on the 16th of May.

We boarded the plane at 12.15am. Mctc got the aisle seat and I had the middle seat. No one claimed the window seat and I switched places because I preferred sitting next to the window. As soon as the plane took off, I tried to sleep. I was so tired, and felt as though I didn't drink enough water, because I could feel another ulcer developing in my throat.


This is what the interior of the AirAsia X plane looks like. Quite comfy. I could put my whole bag pack underneath the front seat because it was spacious.


And I love watching the screen where it gives information of the flight I was in. I don't mind not seeing movies during the flight. I'm not much of a movie fan at all.

Breakfast was horrible. We had "international food". I would prefer the Nasi Lemak we had when we were on the flight to Melbourne. Coffee was not inclusive in the breakfast set, so Mctc had to buy it at RM4.

This is a sight to behold. The view of the clouds was on a much higher level. So many times better than Bukit Panorama in Sungai Lembing.


I took many pictures of the clouds. I don't think I've seen a blanket of clouds so thick before in my past travels.


Another 15 minutes more to land. Time to cut through the clouds.


Going down...

I did take pictures while the plane was cutting through the blanket of clouds, but there was nothing much to see and the window screen was reflecting what was inside the plane.


Can see the land now.


One last view of the sky before landing.


Getting lower...


Finally we landed. I said a word of prayer right before the wheels touched the ground. It landed smoothly. Praise God!.

Everyone was given a health information form to fill in. As soon as we entered the terminal, the airport personnel would check for passengers with fever via a thermal screen. I was asked to go to a makeshift screen for check-up. The nurse checked my temperature and found that I had low fever. My body temperature was 37.5C. She asked if I had fever before this (By that I assumed she was asking whether I had fever for the last couple of days), and I said no.

She let me off with this yellow card.


The back of the card. In fact, every person who was on the plane had this card.



I had an additional piece of paper. A travel advisory form.


It's so nice to see familiar shops. At Indran's request, we bought him a bottle of tequila and a bottle of vodka in the duty free shop. He came to pick us up from the airport and we had breakfast at Top Curry House.

No comments: