Others (under construction)

Monday, March 30, 2009

Taman Gelora, Kuantan

Road Trip to Kuantan - 27 March 2009 - Day 1

We sort of stumbled upon this area. I think we wanted to check out the Kuantan River Cruise and landed here. This place is really awesome. A beautiful park with a beach.

Here's some bonsai-liked trees. I only managed to take 1 picture because Minch ran into a dead end and had to reverse the car. She spotted a parking lot some 150 metres away.


After we parked the car, we went for a quick stroll in the park. Minch wanted to check out the Kuantan River Cruise and we took as many photos as we could and left the place. If only we knew that the Kuantan River Cruise ticket booth did not open till 2.45pm It was after all a Friday and government offices had a longer lunch break every Friday. We were here from 1.29 - 1.49pm.

Some of the pictures taken. These are pine tress if I'm not mistaken.

Why we don't have parks like these in Seremban? Oops... better not complain too much. I think Seremban's Lake Gardens and City Park are lovely too.



And look... there's the beach. Calm and serene. If time was on my side, I would have gone nearer to the beach to take some pictures too.

And the lotus leaves and flowers were something I never expected to see here.

Gosh, I really love this place.

2 comments:

@nne said...

the bird is a stork.
u can tell an otter but not a stork?

euniceta said...

Anne - don't rub it in... I'm very bad with names, okay? Don't be surprised that one day I call you by your sister's name.