Others (under construction)

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1st Day of Raya

No, I didn't sleep in. I woke up at 6AM for my morning walk at Bukit Kepayang. It's been a month since I was there and my calves were moaning and groaning as if they were saying.. "why must you torture us??!!"

Bukit Kepayang seems so different now. They (the developers) have begun to cut up some of the hill. It's seems that part of the hill belongs to them. The Hindu devotees will have to find alternative route to get to the temple which is at the top of the hill.

Not many people this time... let's see.. there's Esther, Rachel, Eunice, Aaron, Azreel, JoelC and Chee Yong. It's Chee Yong's first time to Bkt K and yes, he made it!

We met Peter and KG there too and when we reached the top, Peter suggested going down half way and coming back up again via the jungle trail. Rachel and I were game and it was slightly tougher than the normal route. Maybe we weren't used to it.

After our morning walk, we went to FS (a foodcourt called FS). I just had a bite of toasted wholemeal bread and my usual teh-C. (tea with evaporated milk and sugar). I had invitations to 2 houses for the Hari Raya celebration and didn't want to spoil my appetite.

So at 11.45am, I went over to my opposite neighbour's house. Their relatives came and the house was full of people but only for a while then they left. We had some ketupat with kuah kacang (peanut sauce). I didn't want to eat so much because we had to be in my aunt's place by 1pm for lunch.

This is my aunt's place. She will have this do every year. We really look forward to her cooking.

She had ketupat, nasi kunyit (turmeric rice), rendang, mee soto, chicken curry, lemang, a vegetable dish, nasi minyak (oiled rice) and one or two more dishes I may have left out.

The kids (2nd cousins) were all playing with some form of technical games. No more those old fashion games like champions, catching, hide and seek. The adults had a good time catching up on recent news (we meet almost every month) and we were there till after 4pm. The weather was cool-ish, and it was very rare of us to go back after 4pm. Usually by 3pm, most of us would want to go home.

So there you go.. my first day of Raya 2008. Tomorrow I'll be visiting another Muslim friend. :)

No comments: