Others (under construction)

Monday, May 19, 2008

Kidz Safari Painting Part 3


Today's Wesak Day, a holiday observed in Malaysia. Celebrated by the Buddhists, this festival is sometimes informally called "Buddha's birthday," it actually encompasses the birth, enlightenment Nirvana, and passing of Gautama Buddha. (according to Wikipedia).

Today, the church has something on - A 2 1/2 hour seminar called the cat and dog theology. I didn't sign up. Rachel did and so she asked me to start painting first. There's gonna be a game called "pin the tail" on the elephant. I have to cut out many elephant tails and colour them. That's my first task. The second job is to paint the egg trays and whitewash the signboards. By this time, Rachel came back from church and she started outlining the animals with an artline 70 marker.
I suppose she wanted some company because she asked me to paint the back of the SAFARI words.... like who's gonna see the back??

Obediently, I did what I was told. Esther and Sze-En came at about 6pm. 8-year-old Sze-en came up to me and said "just now I help my father mark (did she say mark or read?) his students English paper. I can't believe their atrocious english. See their atrocious English also I want to pengsan" I laughed and asked her what's the meaning of atrocious. She said "bad English lah"

I really admire her for using words she recently learnt. And she can entertain hersef too. She caught sight of an angpow wrapper in the dustbin. She picked it up and asked Aunt Rachel for some colour pencils. Then she proceeded to colour on a want-to-throw paper, cut it up and stick it on the angpow wrapper to make a puppet.

I really admire her for using words she recently learnt. And she can entertain hersef too. She caught sight of an angpow wrapper in the dustbin. She picked it up and asked Aunt Rachel for some colour pencils. Then she proceeded to colour on a want-to-throw paper, cut it up and stick it on the angpow wrapper to make a puppet.... all in like 20 minutes. :)

No comments: